Alerta por Email
Enviar Oferta a um Amigo
Comunicar Problema / Queixa
Hiscox is an international specialist insurer and reinsurer. We provide market leading products and excellent service to individuals and businesses with unusual and often complicated insurance needs. A FTSE 100 company, we can trace our roots to the Lloyd’s market in 1901. We employ over 3,300 highly professional staff, have offices in 14 countries and customers all over the world.
We cover reinsurance and insurance risks that range from marine, terrorism, aerospace, technology, media and professional indemnity through to high value personal insurance, such as homes and contents, fine art, luxury motor, and kidnap and ransom, and are market leaders in many of our chosen areas.
Hiscox Europe covers Luxembourg, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, and Ireland. The FTE headcount is around 450 and the total number of people is around 465.
As a business we generate sales of around €400m per annum via two main product streams “Art and Private Client” (high net worth private households, personal fine art and public and personal collections) and “Professional, Specialty and Commercial” (which provides insurance products to small to medium sized businesses).
Most of our business is conducted through other businesses, Insurance brokers, or through other financial services businesses such as banks.
The Regulatory and Reporting Assistant is a role that will support the Europe Finance team on the Regulatory and Statutory reporting for the insurance company created as a result of Brexit, Hiscox S.A. (HSA).
This role will be responsible for most of the External and Internal reporting for HSA.
30% - Internal Management Reporting
• To manage the Head Office budget and forecasting process build credible plan with key experts in the finance and actuarial function to ensure all P&L items are accurately planned and to ensure the financial health of the business with a focus on the consolidated view of Europe.
• To support the Head of Compliance expense variance tracking, budgeting and forecasting, quarterly financial consolidation packs and general financial analysis.
• Provide monthly analysis on expenses to both the European Finance Team and Head Office team investigating and commenting on significant variances and trends and integrating these into subsequent business forecasts.
• Provide monthly reports established by Group Finance with a previous review from the Europe Financial Controller.
• Implement internal controls for the insurance company, including but not limited to Consolidation Packs, Insurance accounting and Cash flows
60% - External Financial Reporting
• Maintenance of the local accounting ledgers, reconciliation and control disciplines to ensure the GL at all times accurately reflects the insurance company performance, assets and liabilities, with appropriate robust and independent controls
• Preparation of the insurance company accounts and declarations for submission to fiscal and regulatory bodies including tax authorities and financial regulators
• Preparation of Luxembourg reporting including but not limited to CAA reporting
• Responsible for audit assistance and management of audit queries from external auditors.
10% - Accounting
• Accounts Payable using our accounting system including signing bank payments, end-of-month closings and bank reconciliations.
• Recommend and implement methods and procedures to improve accounting processes for either Luxembourg or on a European basis as required
• Manage the administration and approvals of the country/regional payroll in conjunction with the HR Manager
• Provide functional leadership and coaching on financial issues to the country/regional business unit
• Review and post Investments in General Ledger
• Be able to independently review the numbers generated from system and deviances to plan.
• A qualified accountant, with IFRS experience, an accounting background and degree experience.
• Be able to work in a matrix environment and a team player. This may involve some flexibility of working hours to accommodate business needs.
• Fluent in English and French. Other Languages - German, Dutch, Spanish would be welcome.
• Able to work to across geographical lines on a daily basis, both from a stakeholder and team perspectives.
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail and ability to produce high quality output even when dealing with high volume and under time pressure.
• Good analytical Skills.
• Results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast environment where the pace and quality of response is critical to succeed .
• Creative, proactive, logical and innovate – you have a can do attitude and do not accept the status quo.
• Critical thinking, with an analytical ability to interpret the results of an analyses, and identify the key information that needs to be communicated.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships in and outside Finance team and manage different level of stakeholders.
• Experience of working in an office environment, ideally in a multinational, multi lingual environment.
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and ERP systems (Oracle knowledge is a plus)
• Knowledge of non-life insurance accounting, particularly in producing Luxembourg P&L and B&S would be a plus.
• Numerate and comfortable in analysing significant quantities of complex data within tight deadlines combined on a “right first time basis”.
• Good communication skills and ability to initiate and facilitate process change and improvement.
• Be pro-active and driven to achieve goals and objectives.
• Ability to travel (may be up to 10% of time)
What you should know
In Lisbon there are four Finance teams – one supporting Europe, one the UK business, a third supporting the IT Group and one involved in Finance Transformation Programme.
The Europe CFO, the Europe Head of Financial Controlling & Reporting and European Reporting Manager are based in Lisbon and you would report to the Europe Head of Financial Controlling & Reporting. You would be expected to be self-sufficient, confident in dealing with auditors, consultants and regulators, to work semi-independently, with good communication skills and an ability to work within a matrix organisation where you will need to engage and keep informed the wider finance team both with developments, issues and to recommend solutions to the challenges expected in a growing business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Hiscox during a time of focused growth where you will have the remit to make a real difference.
Hiscox offers an environment where you are encouraged to grow with the team and this is an exciting time to be joining this fast growing organisation. There will be plenty of opportunity for on the job career development within a supportive environment.
If you think you can be a fit for this role, please apply here: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_hiscox/external/gateway/viewFromLink.html?jobPostId=26354&localeCode=en-us
ESTA OFERTA JÀ NÃO ESTÁ ACTIVA
Alerta por Email
Enviar Oferta a um Amigo
Comunicar Problema / Queixa